Monsters and critics, one of the leading entertainment sites on the Internet, is hiring! If you are a talented writer/reporter and love the world of celebrities and influencers, come join us.
We are looking to expand our pool of freelancers to help fill shifts by writing photo stories about celebrities and influencers and their latest looks.
Working under our celebrity editor, your role will be to write about what celebrities are wearing in their latest eye-catching Instagram posts and paparazzi photos, from daring swimwear to the latest fashion trends.
If you’re always checking out the latest celebrity/influencer photos on Instagram, and love seeing what stars are wearing and critiquing their looks, then this is the job for you!
This is a remote position. You will work eight-hour shifts with flexible hours depending on your availability. To apply, you must have at least one year of experience as an entertainment writer for print or web and be a hardcore celebrity fan and diehard.
Examples of articles:
Salma Hayek dances in a red bikini to celebrate her 56th birthday
Olivia Rodrigo steps out in a black thigh-grazing minidress
- You’ll claim articles from a list of available titles, based on paparazzi photos or images posted by celebrities on their social media accounts.
- Write 400+ word articles based on the images provided.
- Work in a timely manner using WordPress (you should be able to write 7-8 of these posts in eight hours).
- Perform various other small tasks for each post, including resizing and cropping photos before uploading them as part of the story.
- At least one year of experience as an entertainment writer for print or web.
- Knowledge of basic photo editing skills (resizing, cropping, adjusting exposure, etc.).
- Knowledge of WordPress, or use of another CMS.
- The ability to work at speed.
- Must be a team player.
To apply, please complete the application form and upload your CV using the link provided.
About Monsters and critics
Monsters and critics is one of the leading entertainment websites on the Internet, focusing on celebrities and reality TV. We receive over 50 million visits per month. Most of our readers are in the US, but we are based in the UK.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.